I hope that you are well and looking forward to the summer now that the clocks have changed.
As you know, keeping your website content updated is important both for providing your visitors with useful information and for the general health of the site.
Here are our suggestions for content topics that you might wish to consider when updating your website this month:
- Ok, so it hasn't been a blistering April but we very much hope the sun will being to shine in May. Sun Awareness week is from 1st to 7th May and the following links provide advice on how to protect pets from the sun in the coming months:
- Sun safety advice from Pet Plan
- Summer survival guide from The Blue Cross
- Sunday 7th May is International Dawn Chorus Day and the RSPB provide this guide to enjoying the dawn chorus for your clients.
- May 23rd is World Turtle Day
- There are a lot of bank holidays this month - The Blue Cross has some ideas of how to spend the extra days off with pets
- Talking of bank holidays - don't forget to let your clients know of any changes to your opening times.
- Don't forget to remove/update any out of date messages or offers on your site
- Add your latest practice newsletter
- Let your clients know about any staff changes
- Equine May 8th is World Donkey Day and so it might be a good time to raise awareness of The Donkey Sanctuary and the work they do.
- Equine A number of key events take place this month which might be enjoyable for your clients to attend:-
- Badminton Horse Trials 3-8 May
- Royal Windsor Horse Show 11 - 14 May
- Chatsworth International Horse Trials 12-14 May
- Farm In May the lambs have their tails cut, to stop flies laying eggs in the wool and producing maggots that can eventually cause death, and they will be ear-notched and ear-tagged as forms of identity. Many lambs will also be castrated in May. These links provide helpful information and advice:-
- Tail docking advice from Farmers Weekly
- Fostering, docking and castration advice from NADIS
As always, we would be happy to update your practice website for you. Simply email your content changes to email@example.com and we will get these actioned. Alternatively, you can use our content editor to make changes to your website at anytime.
p.s. Did you know that you can now easily create tables and add them to any page of your website. Feel free to contact us if you would like more information on how to set this up.